Moab City Recreation
During your visit to our area allow some time to experience the City of Moab. In addition to our shops, restaurants and galleries, there are numerous recreational facilities and activities available. What follows is a sample of some of the fun activities that Moab has to offer.
Moab Recreation and Aquatic Center
The new state-of-the-art facility features an indoor six-lane competition pool with both one-meter and three-meter diving boards, a shallow-water area and slide, an outdoor lap pool with adjoining current channel, and a large outdoor leisure pool with a play structure and slides. A fitness area with weight and cardio machines is also available. The facility includes:
This state-of-the-art 24,000 square-foot facility includes:
- Indoor 6-lane competition pool with 1-meter and 3-meter diving boards, shallow-water area and 18' slide
- Outdoor 3-lane lap pool with adjoining current channel and bubble pool
- Expansive outdoor leisure pool with zero-entry depth, play structure with slides, and fountains
- 2400-square-foot fitness center with selectorized and free weights and cardio machines - many with the on-board Visio© platform (see Fitness Center for more on this exciting new technology).
- Grass outdoor lounge areas
- Multi-purpose room hosting fitness classes, pool parties and social gatherings
- Child care center
- Men's and women's locker rooms
- Family change rooms
- ADA compliant facility
374 Park Ave Moab, Utah
For more information, including hours of operation, visit moabcity.org/mrac/ or call 435-259-8226.
Old City Disc Golf Course
The Old City Disc Golf Course, built in 2008, is set amongst the beautiful red rocks of Moab Valley. Panoramic views of sandstone cliffs and La Sal Mountain peaks abound. The 18-hole course (par 54) weaves through varied desert terrain dotted with pinyon pines and junipers. Each hole has a concrete tee pad, bench and tee sign. The course enjoys a 3.5 disc rating on dgcoursereview.com.
The course begins and ends at Old City Park. To get there, head south from downtown Moab on Highway 191. Turn left (north) onto Spanish Trail Drive. Go straight through the 4-way stop. Turn left (west) at the roundabout onto Murphy Lane. Head .5 miles on Murphy Lane, then take a left at Old City Park Road. Park at the gravel parking lot across from the park. The entrance to the course is uphill of the horseshoe area.
For more information contact:
Moab City Recreation
217 E Center St